Adding plants to your home will give it a fresher and brighter feel and will also improve your home’s air quality. Although it does take a little bit of work and consistency to maintain your plants, but it’s well worth the effort. Here are a few tips for keeping your plants looking great.
1. Use leftover water from cooking. Plants love the extra nutrients from your leftover cooking water that can’t be found straight from the tap. Instead of dumping the water right after boiling vegetables, let it cool and use it to water your plants.
2. Coffee makes great fertilizer. Rather than throwing your used coffee grounds in the trash, empty out your French press or coffee filter straight into a planter.
3. Dust your plants. This should be part of your regular dusting and cleaning routine. Keeping your plants’ leaves dust-free keeps them healthier.
4. Pay attention to soil types. Different plants require different soils. Do some research to discover each plant‘s preferred soil. For instance, succulents require sandy, dry soil.
5. Beware of root rot. Houseplants are prone to root rot because there’s often no where for excess water to drain from the planter. Prevent root rot by putting pebbles in the bottom of the planter, which elevates the roots. Use a water-hydrogen peroxide mixture for plants that are already showing signs of root rot.
Paul Martin Ross
RESIDENT REALTY/Northern Colorado
Phone: (970) 217-3245
Real Estate Professional with over 28 years’ experience / SPECIALTIES: Northern Colorado Real Estate / Luxury Homes / New Construction / Custom – Semi-Custom Homes in Northern Colorado
GUARANTEED SERVICE…GUARANTEED RESULTS
Contact me today to learn about ALL of my strategies to get you the BEST price for your home in the SHORTEST possible time!
Please do remember that my business grows on referrals. If I have provided you good service and you have a sibling, parent, neighbor, friend or coworker that might be in need of Real Estate services please pass along my contact information. Thank you in advance!